Nomination Process for an Education Society Award
The Awards Committee has developed a unified process for all award nominations, and a template for reference letter writers. Please follow this procedure for all award nominations:
- The nominator should create a nomination, using the nomination form.
- The nominator should complete items on the cover sheet and send this to each person serving as a Reference.
- The nominator is then asked to send a reference form to each person writing a reference letter on behalf of the nominee along with a copy of the completed nomination form. Please use Microsoft Word files.
- The reference letter writer is asked to complete the reference form and return it to the nominator. Please use Microsoft Word files.
- The nominator is asked to assemble the files into a single document, convert it to PDF (if possible), and submit the package to the IEEE Education Society Operations Manager, Brittian Parkinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy to the Awards Committee Chair, James Sluss, Chair (email@example.com).
- Receipt of nominations will be acknowledged, and nominators of successful nominations will be notified at, or soon thereafter, the same time that the recipient is notified by the President of the Society. Nominators of unsuccessful nominations will be notified directly, and unsuccessful nominations will automatically be carried over for one year, though updated or additional information may be submitted to the two persons mentioned in #5 above.
AWARD NOMINATION/REFERENCE DOCUMENTS
It is the responsibility of the NOMINATOR to submit
the COVER SHEET, the NOMINATION FORM,
and the REFERENCE FORMS to the Society Operations Manager, Brittian Parkinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) Awards Committee
Chair, James Sluss (email@example.com) by 1 May 2020