IMPORTANT NOTICE: NEW STYLE REQUIREMENTS AND TEMPLATE
As of January 1, 2019, the IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies (TLT) has moved from the IEEE Computer Society style to the IEEE Transactions style for all future papers to be published in the journal. Manuscripts submitted to TLT must now make use of the IEEE Transactions article template (also known as the trans_jour template), which can be found below along with instructions on how to use it. Please note that this change has implications for both the formatting of the manuscript text, tables, and figures as well as for referencing/citations, in which there are substantial differences between the two styles. Submissions that do not fully adhere to the new requirements and guidelines will not be accepted.
Preparing your paper
- Transactions template and instructions on how to create your article (DOC, 292 KB)
- Transactions instructions only (PDF, 741 KB)
- Transactions WIN and MAC Bibliography File (ZIP, 351 KB)
- Unix LaTeX2e Transactions Style File (ZIP, 701 KB)
- WIN or MAC LaTeX2e Transactions Style File (ZIP, 714 KB)
Submitting your paper
Manuscript types accepted by TLT
- Regular paper – 14 double column pages (Note: All regular paper page limits include references and author biographies)
- Short paper – 8 double column pages
- Comments paper – 2 double column pages
- Survey paper – 20 double column pages
Pages in excess of these limits are accepted only at the discretion of the Editor-in-Chief and are subject to Mandatory Overlength Page Charges (US$200 per extra page). Regular papers may not exceed 18 formatted transactions pages, even if the author is willing to pay the overlength page charges.
The full scope of TLT can be found on TLT's about page