Nomination Process for an Education Society Award
The Awards Committee has developed a single template for all award nominations, and a template for reference letter writers. Please follow this procedure for all award nominations:
- The nominator should create a nomination, using the nomination form.
- The nominator should complete items on the cover sheet and send this to each person serving as a Reference.
- The nominator is then asked to send a reference form to each proposed reference document writer along with a copy of the completed nomination form. Please use WORD files.
- The reference letter writer is asked to complete the reference form and return it to the nominator. Please use WORD files.
- The nominator is asked to assemble the files into a single document, convert it to PDF (if possible), and to submit three copies. One copy should go to the Awards Policy Committee Chair, James Sluss, Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org). The second copy should go to the chair of the individual award selection committee (click here to determine the contact information for the chair of the award selection committee), identified in the cover sheet, and the third copy should go to IEEE Education Society Executive Assistant, Brittian Parkinson (email@example.com).
- Receipt of nominations will be acknowledged, and nominators of successful nominations will be notified at, or soon thereafter, the same time that the recipient is notified by the President of the Society. Nominators of unsuccessful nominations will be notified directly, and unsuccessful nominations will automatically be carried over for one year, though updated or additional information may be submitted to the two persons mentioned in #5 above.
AWARD NOMINATION/REFERENCE DOCUMENTS
It is the responsibility of the NOMINATOR to submit
the COVER SHEET, the NOMINATION FORM,
and the REFERENCE FORMS to the Awards Committee
Chair, James Sluss (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 20 May